As the seasons are turning, Estes Designs Mailbox and Streetscapes wants to make sure your mailbox can withstand the weather! With rain, hail or snow, it is important to weatherize your mailbox. Below are some easy tips to help protect your mailbox throughout the Fall and Winter seasons.
- Wash with light detergent soap and water
- Dry off mailbox with a clean cloth
- Apply clear coat wax – paying attention to not damaging the lettering
- Re-paint post prior to temps getting too cold
- Check stability of mailbox – pack the hole with gravel or soil is the post is lose
- Replace loose or broken latches
- Install reflector
- Keep the post visible by clearing snow and shrubs away from post
These tips will help ensure that your mailbox will withstand the unpredictable weather. If you need further assistance, contact Estes Designs Mailbox and Streetscapes at (317) 899-5556.